Fix External Hard Drive not Formatted Error
First, let’s learn some common reasons that may cause such drive format errors:
- Sudden power outage when you are transferring files to your external HDD.
- Not properly ejection the external hard drive.
- Virus attacking, or bad sectors in external hard disk.
- Click Start button, then click Run.
- Type “cmd” into the blank and click OK. Or you can go to Accessories, and click Command Prompt. Windows 7 users can directly type “cmd” on the Search window in the Start menu.
- Type “chkdsk c:/f”(if you external hard drive is Drive C) into the Command Prompt window, you can replace the letter c if your external hard drive is not c. Then click Enter button.
- If it can’t run this process normally, you can try again after restart. It usually takes some time to fix the error, please be patient. When it is finished, your external hard drive may become normal as before.